Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Digital Mums

(5 Posts)
WittgensteinsBunny Tue 05-Sep-17 14:12:23

I'm a SAHM with 2 DDs - 2.5 and 4yo. I've been in the process of setting up an online shop but it's not working for lots of reasons. I'd like to keep it simmering and give it a shot in a couple of years' time. I really do need to do something / go back to work in the meantime.

I was told about Digital Mums a few months ago and with my shop not happening, I think this could be a good alternative. Training, new skills, flexi working, experience in something I've never done before.

My background is in TV production and then later in finance. I've been out of paid work for 4 years as a SAHM. I live near Brighton, so assume there are networking events I could go to.

Has anyone had any experience with DMs? Is it worth the money? Will there be work at the end? Is it well organised? I've read that google run something similar but with less emphasis on practical skills - I think that would be key for me. I'm very tempted to sign up once DD1 has settled into school and DD2 into preschool.

GoGoGazelle Mon 11-Sep-17 21:20:27

There was a thread a few weeks ago if you advanced search it. General consensus was that it's a rip off and that there are cheaper or free courses out there like Google Digital Garage, Facebook Blueprint and Hootsuite social media.

levi1985s Thu 12-Oct-17 10:51:01

Hello WittgensteinsBunny.

Did you apply for the DM course?

I'm in the same boat and wanted to speak to some graduates directly. A couple said yes to talking to me but I've not heard any more since.

2017RedBlue Thu 12-Oct-17 18:42:16

Yes sign up for Google Digital Garage, it will give you an idea if it's for you or not before signing away thousands smile

PottyMouther Mon 13-Nov-17 13:28:47

Hi WittgensteinsBunny & levi1985s

I work for Digital Mums and am a long standing Mumsnetter! Hope you don't mind me coming on here but I saw your message about speaking to some of our grads and wanted to point you in the direction of some independent blogs that they’ve written here. These aren't monitored or posted by us and it's a good way to get an understanding of what the training involves. You can also contact graduates direct there. Our co-head of learning has also written a blog which may help answer some of the questions on this thread around the cost of the training which can be found here. The link is below if you wanted to have a read. Also happy to answer any questions if you wanted to direct message me. Very best of luck with your research flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now