Talk

Advanced search

Feeling scared return to work....

(5 Posts)
catsatonthemat Wed 30-Aug-17 15:33:22

I had an interview yesterday for a job and it seemed to go well. But now I'm really nervous about if it's the right thing or right time...

My dd has another year before school and although it's part time, it's a change for her not having me around every day. I'd have one day a week with her and my other DC will be at school.

For the past 7 years I've been at home and this job is a completely new role to me. It's a new direction that could be good and could be bad but idk and now I'm nervous. Not even offered the job yet so this may be totally unwarranted.

Eeeek!

OP’s posts: |
Halfsack Wed 30-Aug-17 18:57:27

Aw. I've just been offered an interview. Part time n I have one in school and a two year old. Exciting but nervous. I've been out of work for 5yr.

jazmine111 Fri 15-Sep-17 15:19:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MumsOnCrack Thu 21-Sep-17 11:38:27

In all honesty I'd wait and see if you get it, then see how you feel. You could always try doing it for a few months and then, if it doesn't work for you, quit? You never know, you might love it!

01sue Tue 03-Oct-17 15:39:48

Being nervous to return to work is natural. I spent the first week crying in the loo! I was returning to the same pre-maternity role. Finding a new flexible job can be even more daunting. I have come across a webinar - running next friday - just aimed at remote/home/flex working.. not sure I am allowed to post it on here.. www.eventbrite.ie/e/how-to-secure-a-professional-career-from-home-1st-in-a-series-tickets-38455263729

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in