Talk

Advanced search

Working from home

(9 Posts)
chokkamocha Sun 18-Jun-17 22:21:23

Hi there,

I'm wishing to start working from home, but am really wary as there seem to be a lot of 'get rich quick' style things.

Does anyone know where I will be able to find reputable employment opportunities to work from home? I have tried indeed etc, but the area thing is confusing when the work can easily be long distance so I'm looking for a narrowed down result.

Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |
Metalgoddess Mon 19-Jun-17 12:49:35

Following this with interest as I would love to work from home also.

Cantthinkofanythinggood Sun 03-Sep-17 23:18:29

Did you find anything? I'm looking for someone to help with my workload of clients & no idea where to find them or advertise. I work from home as a freelancer with charities

mrsvilliers2 Mon 04-Sep-17 21:01:16

cantthinkof have you heard of People Per Hour? It might be worth checking that out, I haven't personally used it but have heard good things about it.

What sort of work are you looking to outsource? I currently do a lot of freelance content writing but have a business admin background.

Canklesofglitter Thu 14-Sep-17 15:14:15

If you have relevant skills it might be worth looking at the NCT website. Several friends have found work from home jobs with them. Different sort of work - one manages contracts and another one books people onto antenatal classes. They seem to be very flexible.

jazmine111 Fri 15-Sep-17 15:16:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

countrybump Fri 15-Sep-17 15:36:00

I work from home as a freelancer. I have stayed in the same profession I was as an employee and have built up clients gradually. I found my way through by going to local networking sessions, joining relevant groups to my profession on social media and other sites and keeping in touch with old colleagues, employers and clients.

I did try using People Per Hour as a previous poster has suggested. It didn't work well for me but it was a useful way of getting me thinking about what I could offer and also it helped me get some experience at pitching.

Charispf Mon 18-Sep-17 14:53:13

Hi, I currently have two children one has just started full time eduction and the other is at home with me. I would like to start to think about what job I can do once my son starts school.
I want to do something that fits in with family life (i.e. Being able to pick the children up from school). I am a creative person but have no business skills whatsoever. Has anyone else been in a similar situation, and perhaps can give me some advice? Thank you smile

martakruba Thu 28-Sep-17 20:38:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in