Talk

Advanced search

How to interpret this weird emoji from new employer?

(7 Posts)
PinkGlitter17 Tue 13-Jun-17 14:59:03

I started working a couple of weeks ago, after being a SAHM with my DS who's now 3. Job in a little cafe. I did one Tuesday shift, and I'd made it clear that until I could get a nursery place on Wednesdays, I was available Mon & Tues.
Employer texted me yesterday to see if I could work tomorrow, so I checked with nursery to find out whether Weds were a possibility. Nursery said not till July, so I told this to employer, but said that I was still looking for work so if she needed anyone Mon & Tues, to give me a shout.
Employer replied "OK no worries 😆".
I'm a bit thrown! At first, I decided that maybe she was just showing a high level of smile iyswim, then I got the feeling it was a bit less friendly than that. If she wants to be nasty, that's her affair. I just thought it was an out-of-place emoji. She's known from the start that I was working on sorting a nursery place for Wednesdays, but these things are slow going. Looks like I've lost the job before it even started. I'm well peed off.

OP’s posts: |
HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 13-Jun-17 15:00:43

Some emojis show differently on different platforms (iPhone, Android) so it could be That? 😀😆 just testing a couple here...

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 13-Jun-17 15:01:15

I don't think it's unfriendly, opposite I'd say. Whether it's professional it's another matter 😆

HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 13-Jun-17 15:01:27

Yep the second one was a smiley laughy face but it posted here and looks a bit sinister!

lougle Tue 13-Jun-17 15:01:39

I think you're over thinking. She asked if you're available. You're not. She has told you it's not a problem. It isn't. She was friendly.

iklboo Tue 13-Jun-17 15:03:27

It looks like a 'doh' smiley face to me.

PinkGlitter17 Tue 13-Jun-17 21:13:21

Thanks ladies, it was anxiety/obsessiveness/crazy caffeine talking. I realise that I'm overthinking it, I get really really bogged down. Thanks for the kick up the arse! blush

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in