Talk

Advanced search

How to interpret this weird emoji from new employer?

(7 Posts)
PinkGlitter17 Tue 13-Jun-17 14:59:03

I started working a couple of weeks ago, after being a SAHM with my DS who's now 3. Job in a little cafe. I did one Tuesday shift, and I'd made it clear that until I could get a nursery place on Wednesdays, I was available Mon & Tues.
Employer texted me yesterday to see if I could work tomorrow, so I checked with nursery to find out whether Weds were a possibility. Nursery said not till July, so I told this to employer, but said that I was still looking for work so if she needed anyone Mon & Tues, to give me a shout.
Employer replied "OK no worries 😆".
I'm a bit thrown! At first, I decided that maybe she was just showing a high level of smile iyswim, then I got the feeling it was a bit less friendly than that. If she wants to be nasty, that's her affair. I just thought it was an out-of-place emoji. She's known from the start that I was working on sorting a nursery place for Wednesdays, but these things are slow going. Looks like I've lost the job before it even started. I'm well peed off.

HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 13-Jun-17 15:00:43

Some emojis show differently on different platforms (iPhone, Android) so it could be That? 😀😆 just testing a couple here...

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 13-Jun-17 15:01:15

I don't think it's unfriendly, opposite I'd say. Whether it's professional it's another matter 😆

HunterHearstHelmsley Tue 13-Jun-17 15:01:27

Yep the second one was a smiley laughy face but it posted here and looks a bit sinister!

lougle Tue 13-Jun-17 15:01:39

I think you're over thinking. She asked if you're available. You're not. She has told you it's not a problem. It isn't. She was friendly.

iklboo Tue 13-Jun-17 15:03:27

It looks like a 'doh' smiley face to me.

PinkGlitter17 Tue 13-Jun-17 21:13:21

Thanks ladies, it was anxiety/obsessiveness/crazy caffeine talking. I realise that I'm overthinking it, I get really really bogged down. Thanks for the kick up the arse! blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: