Talk

Advanced search

Civil Service Job

(3 Posts)
wonderingstar01 Wed 07-Jun-17 15:43:51

Hi there,
I've just applied for an EO position with DWP and yesterday I sat the online sift test. It came back saying I'd done better than 44% of people who took the test and I'd met at least the minimum pass mark. My application is now On Hold. I suppose the actual test score depends on how everyone did collectively but I can't help feeling disappointed and in my head, I've translated it as being 44% overall score!
Can anyone tell me what happens next and how long the process takes? The start date for the jobs (there are 10) is 1st Sept. Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Booph Thu 08-Jun-17 20:52:23

My husband applied for a few Civil Service jobs recently, he got about 50% and was surprised too as it didn't sound like much but still got an interview, so I'm not sure how that system works! They are notoriously bad at responding to applications though, some of their positions can take up to 8 weeks to invite you to interview apparently. Does it say the interview dates on the advert as some seem to? Most seemed to be about 4-6 weeks after the closing date.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 08-Jun-17 20:56:03

I'm recruiting for HEOs and SEOs at present. The closing date was 26 April and I am still waiting for Civil Service Resourcing to send through all of the applications to sift, so it can take a while. I'm surprised it says "on hold" though, as I thought the usual message was "being reviewed" so that may indicate a delay of some sort, or they are doing the recruitment in batches (for the last EO recruitment round I did, I received 250 applications for 10.jobs). I don't work in DWP, but the same recruitment service is used across the departments.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in