Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever been offered a job from the holding list?

(4 Posts)
Changebagsandgladrags Thu 11-May-17 18:23:14

I applied and had an interview for a great part-time job recently.

I didn't get it and the person in charge asked if he could place me on the holding list for 12 months. He also asked me to apply for another role within the same organisation.

Is a holding list just polite wording for 'sorry no thanks'? Do employers actually go back to these holding lists to fill positions?

tammytheterminator Thu 11-May-17 19:42:22

Yes, it's happened to me before.

FanSpamTastic Thu 11-May-17 20:53:25

Yes - I interviewed for one role with a company. They turned me down as they preferred another person for that role. A few weeks later I had a call to ask if I would go back in and interview again for a different role. I was sceptical but figured I had nothing to lose, so I went. They offered me the job there and then at my second interview - higher level than the one they previously turned me down for. Once I had started I asked why they turned me down before and it was all down to experience and fit. They felt my colleague who got the other role was a better fit for the team they would be working with but they had liked me, so when another role came up I was in their pool of people to look at.

smudgedlipstick Thu 11-May-17 20:56:30

Yep I applied, had an interview and scored a pass, but people scored higher pass marks so I was put on a list, which was extended to a year and after ten months I received a phone call offering me a job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now