Talk

Advanced search

How do you all cope going back to work with a baby?

(3 Posts)
cuddlebug Thu 11-May-17 15:02:59

Hi all. My son is almost 7 months and I am returning to work 3 days a week. for some reason I feel really worried about how am I gonna cope because I have a son that wakes up through the night, I have to be at work for 7 in the morning and won't be back til gone 4 oclock and I am a cleaner so I am on my feet all day making sure everything is spick and span!!! Just so worried I won't be able to do my job properly because I am going to be exhausted! sad the people who I know that has been on maternity they all had desk jobs and said the only thing they missed was being a SAHM

BackforGood Fri 12-May-17 00:03:39

It's amazing how we have the capacity to get used to things. Our bodies and minds just adjust.
In some ways, it is possible that doing a job such as yours where you are physically moving for most of the days will be easier than one where you might be sitting still in a warm office all day, where you might fall asleep smile
Usually, the thought of going back to work is much worse that the reality of it, and you soon fall into your new routine.

JanetBrown2015 Sat 13-May-17 20:04:29

I tend to prefer the days I am on my feet actually. If you have been up in the night and then sit at a desk you can nod off when you don't want to. I think you will find it all works out okay. We always both worked full time so both shared night wakings once I had stopped breastfeeding by about a year old. In fact we had a rule by the end that I did the babies in year 1 as they breastfed at night and their father did the night wakings from years 1 - 3 (and there were loads of those as I never had sleeping children).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now