Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any cleaners out there please help!

(5 Posts)
user1492716865 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:13:12

Hi all,

I've signed up with an agency to do a bit of cleaning work on a self employed basis.
For references I used a couple of friends who I've cleaned for in the past, not very big houses, and more of a friendly arrangement than a professional one.

I was delighted when the agency put me in touch with a lady who wanted four hrs a week. Perfect!

I went to see her and her house is beautiful, not what I'm used to! 4 bathrooms, huge kitchen, 5 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms spread over 3 floors.

I guess I'm thinking where the heck do I start?!?!
One floor at a time, hoovering as I go? Is there a system or should I just wing it?
Feeling like a bit of a fraud. 😱😟

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 19:05:29

Start at the top and work your way down love, treat each floor as a 'different job' you're gonna do just fine!!

dailymailarecunts Fri 21-Apr-17 19:10:22

Don't worry, you will be fine!

People work differently (I own a cleaning agency) but I like to do as above and start st the top and work down. Then in each room start st the top so the dust etc falls on to the floor and you get that last.

I tend to go up to bathroom and spray it, then start dusting another room (do light fittings, doors, skirting etc) then go back to bathroom and give that a scrub. If any other rooms upstairs i finish those off, then carry all cleaning stuff downstairs and do all the upstairs floors working my way down the stairs.

Once down, I do a similar thing - spray kitchen bits / soak anything necessary and do some dusting. Go back to finish kitchen. Do all other rooms. Do kitchen floor and empty mop bucket and take outside. Hoover my way out the door.

Hope that helps (its very general so please don't pick holes in it! Haha!)

DancingLedge Fri 21-Apr-17 19:19:53

First of all, look at every room: notice if some beds and baths are unused, and so only need a quick whisk. (Unless you're being paid and for enough time where you're expected to move everything and clean everywhere each and every time - but in a big house that's lots of hours work)

If you start somewhere without looking, sods law says there'll be a lot to do in the last bit you come to, and you won't have enough time.

rosieglow74 Fri 21-Apr-17 20:56:23

Thanks everybody!

Just what I was thinking but I just felt quite overwhelmed.
They will be there and she said they might not be dressed which threw me a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now