Talk

Advanced search

Full Days or Half Days

(7 Posts)
Newmother8668 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:32:21

I have a 6 month old and registered with a really good nursery. Job offers are three full
Days or four/five short days.

So baby would either be in nursery:

8am-6pm on Mon/Wed/Fri

Or

8.30am-3pm Mon-Fri

What would be best?

likewhatevs Fri 24-Mar-17 12:34:09

How far are you from work. Would it make a big impact w.r.t petrol costs?

Note3 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:35:23

Whole day without a doubt if using a nursery. You generally need to pay per session so say nursery sessions are 8-1 & 1-6 you could need to pay for both sessions to cover your work hours yet only be paid a short day in salary.

Eg I work 3 days a week. If I spread the hours over 5 days I'd have to pay 5 full days in nursery yet still only be paid my 3 day salary

Tobuyornot99 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:36:54

3 days for sure. Who wants to get dressed, travel to work, travel home etc etc 5 day when you could do 3. You may find as well that you end up staying late more often than not, 3 days all the way!

IrregularCommentary Fri 24-Mar-17 12:39:49

Definitely the 3 full days. You'll probably have to pay for 5 full nursery days with those hours anyway, and you'll also end up with very little time with your baby I suspect once you've picked up, faffed about getting everything together and got home. 3pm to bedtime isn't that long.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 24-Mar-17 18:41:52

3 full days and then you have 2 days to do stuff such as swimming, meet friends etc. Ask if there is a chance to adjust hours when they go to school though because then the 5 shorter days may work better for yiu.

Newmother8668 Sat 25-Mar-17 11:39:26

Got another offer which is even closer to home and better pay:

M-Th: 9am-3pm or 10am-4pm

So I would get Fridays off, only have to work 6 hours a day and my commute is only 25min door to door. I think this would be quite good and was thinking of going for this with the 10am option to miss rush hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now