Talk

Advanced search

Taking turns to make tea

(7 Posts)
hostinthemachine Wed 22-Mar-17 22:00:28

Finding it very weird that new start in office doesn't ask me when she is making tea|coffee if I want one. I am only office based staff member however rest of team clinical. I am just wondering if she thinks it's beneath her to make me a brew. Everyone else offers.

Does she accept tea when you offer it?

I keep well out of tea rounds as half my colleagues seem to just scoop up a mug of dishwater and I genuinely can't drink it.
I much prefer my selfish, solitary tea making!

hostinthemachine Wed 22-Mar-17 22:47:31

Hi she had accepted my offer but I haven't seen her much as she had only been in post three weeks. Just a bit odd if you are trying to make an impression.

8DaysAWeek Thu 23-Mar-17 15:53:39

I don't drink tea in work for this exact reason. Tea/coffee politics is too much to handle.

SavoyCabbage Thu 23-Mar-17 16:02:15

I'm like 8days. I pretend I don't drink tea and coffee because it's too difficult. Cup wars, milk rotas, wet spoons, dishwater tea-I avoid them all. And it gives me the feeling of living a double life.

8DaysAWeek Thu 23-Mar-17 16:26:30

Yes savoy! "I could never go a day without tea or coffee!" Well actually I really do struggle sometimes but I'd rather that than get involved with your tea brigade! My tea consumption at home is actually rather epic.

hostinthemachine Thu 23-Mar-17 22:10:23

lol I will just need to take in a flask and pour my own, when she makes others one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now