Talk

Advanced search

Taking turns to make tea

(7 Posts)
hostinthemachine Wed 22-Mar-17 22:00:28

Finding it very weird that new start in office doesn't ask me when she is making tea|coffee if I want one. I am only office based staff member however rest of team clinical. I am just wondering if she thinks it's beneath her to make me a brew. Everyone else offers.

OP’s posts: |
NiceCuppaTeaAndASitDown Wed 22-Mar-17 22:09:20

Does she accept tea when you offer it?

I keep well out of tea rounds as half my colleagues seem to just scoop up a mug of dishwater and I genuinely can't drink it.
I much prefer my selfish, solitary tea making!

hostinthemachine Wed 22-Mar-17 22:47:31

Hi she had accepted my offer but I haven't seen her much as she had only been in post three weeks. Just a bit odd if you are trying to make an impression.

8DaysAWeek Thu 23-Mar-17 15:53:39

I don't drink tea in work for this exact reason. Tea/coffee politics is too much to handle.

SavoyCabbage Thu 23-Mar-17 16:02:15

I'm like 8days. I pretend I don't drink tea and coffee because it's too difficult. Cup wars, milk rotas, wet spoons, dishwater tea-I avoid them all. And it gives me the feeling of living a double life.

8DaysAWeek Thu 23-Mar-17 16:26:30

Yes savoy! "I could never go a day without tea or coffee!" Well actually I really do struggle sometimes but I'd rather that than get involved with your tea brigade! My tea consumption at home is actually rather epic.

hostinthemachine Thu 23-Mar-17 22:10:23

lol I will just need to take in a flask and pour my own, when she makes others one!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in