Talk

Advanced search

Eek! I have a science lab technician tomorrow!

(6 Posts)
Monkeyinshoes Wed 22-Mar-17 16:42:54

I've been out of work for 6 years as a SAHM and I've got an interview tomorrow shock

I used to work in food R&D, did microbiology units in my degree too so experience of working in labs but it's been a while since I did chemistry a-level. I hope I remember what I need to, especially as I'd be the only lab tech.

To say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement grin

Monkeyinshoes Wed 22-Mar-17 16:44:13

Obviously I didn't check that title...should say interview in there.

NaturWilde Wed 22-Mar-17 16:46:33

Good luck! You can do it!

Confidence speaks volumes...remember that in interview. Seem as if you always know what you're about to say/are saying.

RTKangaMummy Thu 23-Mar-17 20:03:31

How did it go today?

Okite Thu 23-Mar-17 20:04:54

How did you get on monkey? I've got an interview tomorrow after being a SAHM for 7 years, I'm terrified!

Monkeyinshoes Fri 07-Apr-17 23:05:53

Well, I got the job...possibly. I gave them contact info for references and a week later they contacted me to say no one's replied and I can't start until they do.

I'm on holiday but managed to email back with a HR address for my previous employer in the hope they respond instead. Though if they do I think it'd just be the basics of dates worked, etc.

As I've only ever had one previous job my other reference was just my University but I guess they won't hear much, if anything, from them.

A bit of a knock to my confidence but oh well, I guess if this falls through I'll have to do some volunteering or study to build some more recent references.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now