Talk

Advanced search

Email wording? need to reconnect with old clients

(3 Posts)
NooNooMummy Tue 14-Mar-17 10:40:29

Can one of you who is good with words please help! I'm posting this in various areas cos I'm desperate!
I need to connect with some old clients to see if they'll give me work again. I've been really busy and neglected them and actually turned down work from them. But I really need their work now!
Or maybe they don't need me any more? Or maybe they weren't that happy with me anyway...
Help!

DadDadDad Tue 14-Mar-17 13:53:47

Sounds like you've got nothing to lose by asking them (the worst they can do surely is say no). So, something friendly but brief and to the point:

Dear <name>
I was wondering if you had any work you could send my way? I am coming to the end on some existing projects and I have really enjoyed working for you in the past, so it would be great if you could make use of me now - or bear me in mind for any work in the future.

[Possibly remind me them about the fantastic work you did on <previous project name>]

I'd be happy to discuss.

Thanks

<NooNoo>

NooNooMummy Tue 14-Mar-17 19:36:15

Thank you Thank you!

I had to get something out this morning while I had some child-free time so I managed to come up with something all by myself (after googling, for inspiration). In case it's any help to anyone else, here's what I came up with:

Hi [ ]

I hope everything at [name of business] is going well. 

I noticed that you've now rolled out your new [whatever] and I wanted to check in on your ongoing workload [concerning the area that I work in] to see if there's anything that you'd like me to do for you.  (I recently increased my [little darling]'s nursery hours so that I can take on work on [name the days] now). 

If you do need my help with anything, I'd LOVE to do it.  Just throwing this out there!  We can talk about the details if you're interested - my new mobile is [number]

Best wishes,
NooNoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now