Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a Civil Service interview?

(5 Posts)
BubbleLamp Tue 28-Feb-17 19:22:22

Senior Executive Officer grade. It's a total change to what I've done before. A three person panel interview, feeling intimidated already!

The competencies are Building Capability and Delivering a Quality Service - should I just swot up on these with lots of examples?

Any winning techniques or pitfalls to avoid?

Thank you!

Idefix Tue 28-Feb-17 19:39:55

Did you have to submit examples of these competencies on the application form online? If you did they should have scored you for your responses and they may well ask you to expand on these in the interview.

Good luck!!

BubbleLamp Tue 28-Feb-17 20:26:09

Yes I did. I wondered whether that would be the case or if I'd need new examples.

JeffyJeffington Tue 28-Feb-17 20:30:30

Fine to use the same examples but they may probe into areas that your application egs don't cover. Be prepared to give other egs and to think on your feet. The cs core competences can make people sound robotic and it's refreshing to have people take a deep breath, take their time and come up with answers genuinely tailored to the question. Good luck!

BubbleLamp Mon 13-Mar-17 14:36:51

Done. Just the awful wait now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now