Social Work fast track training

(5 Posts)
wizzywig Tue 28-Feb-17 15:36:52

Hi all, amyome here either working as a SW or studying via the 18-24month fast track programme? Whats it like? Is the studying fast paced? Are your mentors or colleagues supportive or jaded? Is it similar to teaching where there is a lot of pressure placed on you, little/no appreciation? Thanks muchly

toffeepuddin Sun 19-Mar-17 00:04:14

I have no advice but it something ive been wondering to start myself. There's also a probation officer training similar thing now x

ElisavetaFartsonira Sun 19-Mar-17 15:45:38

Is that the Masters? Not a SW myself but I have worked alongside people studying for it who were on placement, and I hear it's hardcore. You bascally have a job as well as studying. Also seems to give a great foundation though.

tinyproblem Sun 19-Mar-17 18:13:39

Is this post degree training? I'm interested in SW but have an unrelated degree.

ElisavetaFartsonira Mon 20-Mar-17 10:11:16

Afaik you don't specifically need a related degree to do the Masters, but it helps to have some experience/something you can spin as related to get on the course. My friend did BA History then was a youth worker before doing the MA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now