Talk

Advanced search

So ungrateful

(8 Posts)
winkywinkola Mon 27-Feb-17 15:20:37

I think I am.

I went back to work four months ago.

I landed a part time local job. Not great pay but two days working from home so I could meet my family's needs of school run etc.

They are all really nice staff. My two managers are lovely. Offering training etc. I had a great three month review.

I just don't enjoy it. It's all admin type stuff.

I used to be freelance but the work dried up.

I just want to jack the job in because I have no interest in it.

That's really bad isn't it? I don't have a clue what I'd do instead either. I'd love to have my own business but doing what, I don't know.

Is it really a poor show just to jack it in? Sigh.

NerrSnerr Mon 27-Feb-17 15:39:38

It depends on if you need the money. If you can afford to jack it in then just hand your notice in. If you need the money then start applying for things you want or put your efforts into starting a business.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Mon 27-Feb-17 15:42:09

I think one of the best parts of having a job is the people - maybe stick it out and see if you make some nice friendships? Then you'll be able to have a social aspect to your days, and the work itself is less important?

MrsDustyBusty Mon 27-Feb-17 15:42:56

There's no rule that because it's nice and convenient you have to like it. You don't have to be grateful.

winkywinkola Tue 28-Feb-17 20:34:28

Well the money is nice to have obviously.

It's not enough though to put my four dcs into camps during the holidays though. I'm dreading the Easter holidays. H can work from home a couple of days but orherwise, it's going to be tricky.

Plus they are sending me to conferences and workshops. Spending money. It's a charity.

yorkshirepuddingandroastbeef Tue 28-Feb-17 21:11:36

What did you think you would do during the holidays?

I'd be inclined to leave now before they invest any more money in you.

winkywinkola Tue 28-Feb-17 22:49:43

Well h was working from home a lot more. Except he can't work from home so much anymore. That has suddenly changed. Hence the problem.

hutchblue Wed 01-Mar-17 12:48:52

Are the conferences and workshops at all interesting? Like - taking you where you want to go in the future maybe?

What did you do before?

I could do admin too but I hate it too. I'm a creative person and it's tough to do routine things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now