Talk

Advanced search

Freelancing to permanent - how to show B2B experience

(3 Posts)
rememberthetime Sun 12-Feb-17 21:02:49

I am a copywriter and have been working freelance from home for many years. I have an interview for a permanent role this week and one thing they want is B2B and commercial experience. As a freelancer this is hard to prove.

I am not a business, as such and I tend to work with individuals who own businesses.I do have some some agency type experience where I have worked for large corporations - but always as a freelancer employed by the agency who have the contract.

I am thinking of pointing out that as a freelancer I am a business and that therefore I am in charge of all aspects of maintaining that relationship. Therefore i actually have a level of experience that could be seen as more advanced than average.

This is an area that always lets me down - especially the commercial experience thing.

How do i get around this issue and prove myself in the interview. I can do all other aspects of the role and I am an excellent writer (the core requirement). Although by the state of this post, you might not think so!

user1477282676 Mon 13-Feb-17 06:07:47

Is any of your work visible online? I'm the same as you by the way...I use links to show the work I've done, I discuss what the client's needs were and how I achieved the desired results.

rememberthetime Mon 13-Feb-17 15:18:57

Yes, I have a portfolio with examples of my work and online links. So they can see examples. But i suppose most of my work is retail based - making it B2C. I just need to come up with some B2B examples to have in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now