Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What basic clothing items should I get?

(4 Posts)
Radley Tue 27-Feb-07 17:24:48

I was officially offered a fantastic job this morning. My start date is on 12th March.

DH is taking me shopping on Thursday for some office wear.

What staples would you get?

The office is quite small and gets very very warm, it was warm yesterday and there was no heating on and it was a chilly day.

They suggest smart/casual office wear.

I've got a pair of trousers and a blouse at the minute.

NomDePlume Tue 27-Feb-07 17:30:40

I'd get some really nicely cut, flattering, comfortable trousers, and just some plain, fitted (but not skin tight) t-shirt type tops. Glam it up a bit with chunky accessories and to die for shoes

MrsBadger Tue 27-Feb-07 17:32:54

I would say boots, but shoes are better if the office is hot

def trousers and cottony tops - shortsleeved blouses are often cooler than the t-shirt type

Charlene1 Tue 27-Feb-07 20:48:14

Congratulations - don't forget to tell DH you will definitely need new shoes and handbag to go with EACH outfit you buy ha ha!!
I have just started a new job - I bought 3 suits, 5 blouses, 2 thin jumpers, 2 pairs boots, some new undies that don't make "lines" - all from Asda. Bought a handbag from local shop.
I have been sleeveless/small sleeve tops or blouses with my suits, or long sleeved t-shirt type tops with black bootleg trousers and ankle boots if it's cold. Working well so far!! Not worn the jumpers yet, I will save them for days I know the bosses aren't coming in and I don't have to look "posh".
Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now