Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done a course with Learn Direct? In particular Business Admin but others as well.

(5 Posts)
HarryPottersMagicWand Wed 08-Feb-17 14:12:33

I am on ESA and need to do something as it's going to stop soon. Courses I ideally want to do are too many hours or I can't afford them so jobcentre have pointed me towards Learn Direct where it will be paid for.

They have a level 1 Business Administration course, which is 10 days long. They are long days and it will be a struggle for me but I'm hoping I can get through as it's a short course.

Has anyone done a course with them before? What's it like? Are the qualifications actually worth much as 10 days worth of learning business admin doesn't seem like much tbh, although I'm willing to give it a go. I'm also going to look into IT level 1 and 2 after and possibly customer service, just to try and give myself the best chance for applying for jobs, which I'm not having much luck with at the moment.

Carolhh Wed 08-Feb-17 22:20:26

i did the numeracy and english and IT
was quite good, bit long sitting on computer but in the end I did believe it brushed up my basic skills.

Carolhh Wed 08-Feb-17 22:22:13

really really good for your CV and for yourself, they sort of made me do an online test which highlighted were I was weak and what I had to learn
there were online modules.

HarryPottersMagicWand Fri 10-Feb-17 18:01:13

That sounds good. Anything that is going to improve my poor CV is a bonus!

Carolhh Fri 10-Feb-17 22:45:44

You should have seen my cv earlier but now wen I look at it its great
I had zero work experience apart from raising a family

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now