Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with work references

(4 Posts)
BamboozledByPaperClips Mon 30-Jan-17 10:02:29

I've been sahp for 5 years. The last two companies that I worked for have folded.

Who can I ask for a reference? I haven't really volunteered formally, I've signed up to help out at fetes or whatever but that's about it.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:33:47

It's difficult isn't it. I'm just starting the process of applying for jobs after 18 years as a sahm. I did work fulltime for about 15 years up to the day before I had ds2 but my boss in my last job was my husband. And I'm the wrong side of 50 now so now sure about my chances.

Anyway, I've put on my cv "references can be supplied on request" and will decide who to ask at that point. My references will have to be personal ones but I do have friends who run companies, work for the NHS etc, so am planning to use them. If really necesary I am still in touch with my husbands business partner when I was working, so will ask him if I really need to.

TroubleinDaFamily Mon 30-Jan-17 10:35:25

My former parish priest is always happy to oblige.

BamboozledByPaperClips Mon 30-Jan-17 10:39:20

I'm on the cusp of being offered something which fits so well round the kids. My last boss hasn't responded afaik. And the other referee hasn't either, even though I've chased. Meanwhile potential new boss man is sending me emails to chase. Gahh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now