Talk

Advanced search

School finance

(3 Posts)
Cyclebird Wed 25-Jan-17 15:09:31

Hi. I'm looking at a change of career to something more child-friendly with school holidays. I'm interested in applying for school finance roles but unsure what qualifications would be best. Job adverts I've seen ask for experience with SIMS and FMS6 but I'm unsure how to get that experience without working in a school. I'm happy to start at the bottom but would appreciate anyone who could give me an idea as to what qualifications would be viewed favourably? I imagine something accounts based, such as AAT or perhaps there is a specific schools finance course? Any help would be greatly appreciated. flowers

RalphSteadmansEye Wed 25-Jan-17 15:11:58

You might want to check first that a finance role in a school would give you the school holidays off.

Around here, all the secondary school roles in admin, finance, data etc are 52 week contracts and usually 37 hours, too.

Primary roles are often 39 week contracts, unless it's the bursar or office manager role and then they are usually full time, again.

Cyclebird Wed 25-Jan-17 15:20:47

Thanks Ralph - the positions I've seen have been mostly primary and I had noted that it wasn't the full school holidays - I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now