Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

virgin vie or body shop at home agents

(18 Posts)
cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 07:52:14

I am thinking of becoming an agent for usbourne or barefoot books and had a thought about linking parties together with a beauty agent so we could possible both benefit from the same clients. Is this a good idea? are there any agents in the north surrey area that maybe interested in doing this? I have 2 small children and go to a few toddler groups think I should beable to get a few parties together to get started???? Let me know what you think

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 08:35:05

any agents up this morning?

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 13:33:58

bump

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 13:35:25

I wouldn't group them together. If you are an agent with a completely different product then you will attract a different type of customer base. You also give the customer too much choice and will detract from each others sales potential

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 13:38:33

I think I know alot of mums who would be interested in both - I take your point about the distraction thanks

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 13:50:15

I'm talking from experience that's all as I was a manager form Virgin Vie for 3 years. The bigger spenders were under 25 or over 45 without young children and more disposable income for cosmetics

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 13:57:22

Hi cjs, I run a company which sells jewellery party-plan, and I agree with Alliebongo totally.

Take a look at the job advert I have on the job board if you like.

bettythebuilder Sat 24-Feb-07 14:00:08

there is a working from home forum on <<whispers>> Netmums that has a specific thread for MLM party swaps. I'm sure you'll find someone in your area. (It's on the 'Boards' not the local stuff.)

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 14:07:47

funki, i have my own little business selling jewells party plan

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:08:00

<<<<sneaks off whilst whispering to betty>>>>

Ooh, I'm just off there myself now

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:08:33

Allie, that's cool. How's it going? I'm tired today - did a late party last night!

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 14:12:28

it's great. I buy direct from a wholesaler so can generally treble what I but it for. am having some time off but will start up again in summer

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 14:14:36

Thanks for all the info!! It was just an idea I had that was thinking could maybe tap into each others customers - will check out netmums.
Funkimummy - maybe you could mail me some info on what you do? c underscore j underscore slade76@yahoo.co.uk

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:17:36

Allie, I buy mine wholesale and too. Got a website and supply beauty salons with cabinets with jewellery in. Also beginning to take on consultants to sell jewellery too. Sometimes I get time to sleep!

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:19:48

cj - just sent it to you now.

xx

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 14:24:50

thanks x

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 14:35:22

funkimummy

I have just mailed you with a few questions

anniebear Sat 24-Feb-07 14:58:18

One thing some Usborne Organisers do is do party swaps (Im sure other work from home Organisers/consultants do also, I am just speaking about my experience)

so they have an Usborne party for you and you, say , have a Body Shop one for them

You could also ask others to maybe give leaflets out and you give theirs out?

Or some all get together and rent a hall with Body shop, Usborne, Mini Iq etc etc

You know where I am if you want anymore info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now