Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

virgin vie or body shop at home agents

(18 Posts)
cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 07:52:14

I am thinking of becoming an agent for usbourne or barefoot books and had a thought about linking parties together with a beauty agent so we could possible both benefit from the same clients. Is this a good idea? are there any agents in the north surrey area that maybe interested in doing this? I have 2 small children and go to a few toddler groups think I should beable to get a few parties together to get started???? Let me know what you think

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 08:35:05

any agents up this morning?

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 13:33:58

bump

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 13:35:25

I wouldn't group them together. If you are an agent with a completely different product then you will attract a different type of customer base. You also give the customer too much choice and will detract from each others sales potential

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 13:38:33

I think I know alot of mums who would be interested in both - I take your point about the distraction thanks

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 13:50:15

I'm talking from experience that's all as I was a manager form Virgin Vie for 3 years. The bigger spenders were under 25 or over 45 without young children and more disposable income for cosmetics

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 13:57:22

Hi cjs, I run a company which sells jewellery party-plan, and I agree with Alliebongo totally.

Take a look at the job advert I have on the job board if you like.

bettythebuilder Sat 24-Feb-07 14:00:08

there is a working from home forum on <<whispers>> Netmums that has a specific thread for MLM party swaps. I'm sure you'll find someone in your area. (It's on the 'Boards' not the local stuff.)

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 14:07:47

funki, i have my own little business selling jewells party plan

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:08:00

<<<<sneaks off whilst whispering to betty>>>>

Ooh, I'm just off there myself now

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:08:33

Allie, that's cool. How's it going? I'm tired today - did a late party last night!

AllieBongo Sat 24-Feb-07 14:12:28

it's great. I buy direct from a wholesaler so can generally treble what I but it for. am having some time off but will start up again in summer

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 14:14:36

Thanks for all the info!! It was just an idea I had that was thinking could maybe tap into each others customers - will check out netmums.
Funkimummy - maybe you could mail me some info on what you do? c underscore j underscore slade76@yahoo.co.uk

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:17:36

Allie, I buy mine wholesale and too. Got a website and supply beauty salons with cabinets with jewellery in. Also beginning to take on consultants to sell jewellery too. Sometimes I get time to sleep!

funkimummy Sat 24-Feb-07 14:19:48

cj - just sent it to you now.

xx

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 14:24:50

thanks x

cjs76 Sat 24-Feb-07 14:35:22

funkimummy

I have just mailed you with a few questions

anniebear Sat 24-Feb-07 14:58:18

One thing some Usborne Organisers do is do party swaps (Im sure other work from home Organisers/consultants do also, I am just speaking about my experience)

so they have an Usborne party for you and you, say , have a Body Shop one for them

You could also ask others to maybe give leaflets out and you give theirs out?

Or some all get together and rent a hall with Body shop, Usborne, Mini Iq etc etc

You know where I am if you want anymore info

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: