Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Desperately want a pt job but now I'm limited...

(6 Posts)
ScuttlbuttHarpy Thu 19-Jan-17 01:27:25

So I need a part time job, I was working full time over a year ago at a bakery but had to leave as back gave out for 6 weeks, (I suspect degenerative disc disease but that's only been googled recently and will be making appt with docs when painkillers allow me to drive) and knew that I would be a burden every Christmas and Easter. The problem is I need to find a job that will allow me one day on one day off, say Monday, Wednesday, Friday, to give my back a break the next day, and between the hours of 10am and 6pm but only a six hour shift as I know my back wouldn't be able to handle much more than that, also I cant sit or stand in the same position for more than an hour maximum before I'm in a lot of pain, I can walk for a fair bit longer but cant lift much. I'm pretty unskilled apart from pub chef and baker but these jobs are no longer suitable due to fast pace and heavy lifting.

So what job is the best job I could go for? I'm also thinking of my 3 ds' and partner who works nights.

Manumission Thu 19-Jan-17 01:54:46

Delivery driver? Yodel or something like that where you can pick your days? Would getting in and out of the car and walking back and forth be enough movement to keep your back happy?

ScuttlbuttHarpy Thu 19-Jan-17 02:11:46

Yes, would probably need to tinker with pain meds so I'm not woozy when driving. But that one seems a very good option thank you.

tobecontinued2000 Thu 19-Jan-17 02:15:41

What about retail? Some places can give you an 18 hour contract and split the 18 hours over 3 days.

Do you have a large shopping centre near you? A lot of retail swap you around so tills for an hour then fitting rooms for an hour, shop floor, etc.

ScuttlbuttHarpy Thu 19-Jan-17 15:41:01

Thanks tobecontinued I'm thinking I have a few options, telesales? retail, have applied to tesco today but got refused after the second phase of the online application, there are four phases. Planning on walking into a few places dressed smartly and made up to hand over a paper cv. and have one or two more in retail that i'll apply on line when I update cv.

Also theres a cleaning job advertised in the local shop window, I've rang and left a message.

Delivery drivers, like couriers. That's all I can think of right now.

ScuttlbuttHarpy Sun 22-Jan-17 14:11:03

I have a job interview on Tuesday with a cleaning company. yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now