Talk

Advanced search

Rejected for Senior Mid day supervisor role

(2 Posts)
user1483804139 Tue 10-Jan-17 16:00:31

But offered a relief position. The head teacher said "you interviewed really well and we do need intelligent people like yourself but we don't feel that you'd really got a good feel for the school. I'd suggest in future to arrange a look around before interview." But they offered me a relief position there without wanting me to look around? Do you think that was unfair? It feels like a lame excuse- I've never asked to look round at places before in previous jobs? Anyway I'm relief at another school mow and they want me all this week and most of next and I'm enjoying it. Just wondered why they think you're not suitable for essentially the same role but are happy for you to do the same thing as a relief?

CryingShame Tue 10-Jan-17 16:04:03

A relief post would give you the chance to find out more about the school and whether you'd be a good fit. It's a way of giving you the experience to apply again next time the post comes up.

I would always look around a workplace if going for interview, so you know the places they have in mind if they ask you questions about the dinner hall or the kitchen staff etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now