Recruitment Consultant - going back to work

(1 Post)
mumlucy2016 Tue 13-Dec-16 16:57:22

i really need peoples' thoughts and opinions on my situation as it's really stressing me out now.
i am a recruitment consultant and have been told by my boss it is not possible to return to work after maternity leave on reduced hours or part time. he has said i will be able to walk back into the same role but that because of the job, it is near impossible to not be full time.
my standard hours are 8:30 - 6pm, i leave at 7:30am and get home around 6:30pm, and i really don't want to be away from my child that much all week. i always feel there is never enough time in the week as it is now and weekends go way too fast and thats before having a baby. i could do with going back full time for the money but i just know i won't be happy and don't want to miss out on that much time i will never get back.
i really don't know what to do as i don't want leave this company and feel it would be the same story in any other recruitment consultant job anyway as any agency would benefit more having a full time person in the role than a part time person as they would make the company more money. i'm also unsure what other job i could get as i only have recruitment experience really and i'm worried it would be no where near the money i make in my job.
this is really difficult for me at the moment as i just feel stuck and can't think of a solution, i should be happy and excited about having a baby but it is clouded with worry about the future and what's going to happen.

is there any other recruitment consultants out there who have gone back to their role after maternity leave or know of anyone who's done this? just want to know what you did and how it worked out for you

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in