Talk

Advanced search

Help with returning to work after MAT leave!

(8 Posts)
Islacornx Tue 06-Dec-16 15:54:53

My MAT leave is due to finish January when my DD will be 8 months, however I still cannot get her to take a bottle so she's still BF. The job I will be returning to is working nights however my DD still wakes 3/4 times during the night to BF. So I am conscious that I won't be able to return to work just yet, I'm thinking of taking extended leave till she is 1 but I'm not the most assertive person and am quite shy so I'm not sure how to tell my employer this.
People who have taken unpaid extended leave did you email or have a face to face conversation?
What did you say to your employer?

Thank you xxx

OP’s posts: |
LIZS Tue 06-Dec-16 16:00:08

Iirc You only have to give notice of your return date. Until then it is presumed you will remain on ml for a year.

Hellmouth Tue 06-Dec-16 16:01:19

Yes, but if she's already told them and needs to change it, she needs to give the appropriate notice. OP, it should be in the maternity leave letter.

Islacornx Tue 06-Dec-16 16:11:44

I haven't gave them a return date yet and was never given a maternity leave letter?

LIZS Tue 06-Dec-16 16:12:30

Not even outlining your ml dates in response to matb1?

SnotGoblin Tue 06-Dec-16 16:15:29

Do you have an HR department/person? Innocently phone them and say you are aware that mat leave is due to expire in a few months and wanted to start the return to work conversation. 'The date I'd like to return to work is '12 months' can you let me know what the formalities are for that?

milkjetmum Tue 06-Dec-16 16:17:58

Yes I think you need to ring to check what return date they have down for you asap, for me I had to bring my return date earlier and had to give them 2 months notice of my new earlier return date

Islacornx Tue 06-Dec-16 16:25:34

LIZS no didn't get given anything confused, was all mostly face to face bar a few emails for formality x

Thank you everyone I will ring up x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in