Talk

Advanced search

Need a referee!

(2 Posts)
Mummymummymummyhi Mon 28-Nov-16 17:10:53

I've only ever been a stay at home mum, didn't go to college or uni. Worked for three months as a carer but my childcare kept messing me about so I cant ask them for a reference. Had a couple of jobs but only lasted a week as I left due to panic attacks, so obviously cant use them. My mental health has been stable for a long while now during which time I did some volunteering in the role Ive applied for now and I'm so ready to get into work, been asked for references and have no idea what to do. I did do a few months or volunteering but although I worked really hard and put in a lot of effort and really went thr extra mile I feel it went unnoticed or the person who was supposed to be in charge just wasn't interested so reluctant to ask them for refernce as I could definitely see her refusing to give me one as she just couldn't be bothered which will look bad. I have one personal referee a family friend, if they allow me to use her but not sure what to do re the other reference?

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 28-Nov-16 17:30:44

I would just use the volunteering person. Generally these days references are confirmation of dates worked, punctuality etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now