Talk

Advanced search

caring cover letter

(2 Posts)
cuppateapls Thu 24-Nov-16 16:56:01

Hi, I'm applying for a caring for the elderly job, I'm just filling out the application and I'm not sure what to put for these questions?
- main achievements
- strengths you would bring to this post
- please detail how knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of this role?

I have no experience and was told that was fine. But don't know what to put for these. Could anyone help. hmmsmile

user1477282676 Fri 25-Nov-16 01:02:56

Main achievements would include highlights of previous employment or any awards you've received...or any special skills you've learned.

Example: My main achievements include time spent volunteering for my child's school at public events.

It's a bit of a silly question as they're not clear....do they mean main achievements in your employment or personal life?

For "strengths you would bring" add things like this...

"I am a patient and caring person; I enjoy meeting new people and working as part of a team. I am punctual and reliable and helping others gives me a sense of satisfaction."

For Knowledge skills and experience you can write something like this

"I have run my own home and cared for my family for X number of years, I have experience in basic first aid, I have learned to be organised and to manage a clean and safe environment during this time."

Or if you have any cleaning experience or similar, add that too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now