Talk

Advanced search

Really really need help!

(3 Posts)
Michelle91 Wed 02-Nov-16 20:28:27

Hi ladies!
I really hope some of you can give me some positive advice on my current situation.
My daughter was sadly born still full term 9 months ago and I've found it hard to return to work. Currently I am looking for a new job due to the great difficulty of dealing with customers that ask questions about how my baby is ect... 2 months ago I also suffered a silent miscarriage which someone made customers aware of also...
I'm not ready to return to work, personally it's just the job I was working at before the loss of my daughter. I would love to be working again! Now, this month I got my last SMP payment. £267 which remained. Now as anyone would know this isn't enough to live off of... I've got no gas and on my emergency on electric. I don't know if I am entitled to any other benefits now and my anxiety is so high I don't even think I can manage to go out to ask anyone. I literally bought what I could to get through meal wise but that's only lasted so long... just wanted to know if anybody has been in a similar situation and what I am entitled to.

Thanks in advance xx

hutchblue Thu 03-Nov-16 11:36:55

Could you make it to Citizens Advice Bureau locally to you? They would hopefully be able to give you advice on what you are entitled to and what comes next in terms of benefits.

There are also national charities:
childbereavementuk.org/
www.lilymaefoundation.org/‎
www.uk-sands.org/
I just did a quick search on Google for stillbirth charities and these three came up. They have freephone numbers so you could talk to someone and hopefully they will able to guide.

Maybe you could go to your GP as well and ask if there is any counselling available to help you come to terms with your loss? I am so sorry for your loss too.

Wishing you love and light and hope you get the support you need.
xx

user1471950254 Mon 07-Nov-16 20:53:43

I just wanted to say so sorry tor your loss and what you have suffered. The PP has sent some great links which I can't add to. I just wanted to suggest that if you do proceed to handing in your notice you may have accrued holidays that would give you a final payment from work. Good luck and take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now