Talk

Advanced search

P/t hrs and longish commute

(3 Posts)
pennygoodlife Thu 20-Oct-16 12:18:19

I may have a chance of a decent p/t role up to 20 hrs over 3 days. The 'compromise' is that it's 40miles away and the commute it anything from an hour- 1.5hrs depending on traffic and time of day. Given I'm the main cater for my DC, would you consider that a long commute?

HyacinthFuckit Sat 22-Oct-16 21:40:39

I would and have taken a good PT job with similar hours and commute length, somewhat closer to home, but yes it is a pain in the nuts. And that's public transport where at least I get to read. But actual decent, meaningful part time work, not four days where they kindly pay you 80% of the salary to do 100% of the work, is a sufficiently valuable commodity that some downsides are worth putting up with.

JoJoSM2 Thu 27-Oct-16 21:20:41

I'd rather work more hours for less but locally as it sounds like you'd need to allow 9h for commute over those 3 days. When you factor in commuting costs on top then it might not be that great unless you're in a remote area with very few jobs going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now