Talk

Advanced search

Job interview (admin) at a University next week

(3 Posts)
Inadays Tue 11-Oct-16 11:07:53

Is anyone out there who could give me some pointers as to what to expect from this? I have been self-employed (arts administration mainly) for the good part of the last 15 years and this will be my first interview for a permanent paid job in a long time. I've never worked in HE before and wondered if there was a protocol? REALLY want this job BTW! Thank you. smile

mammasmadhouse Tue 11-Oct-16 18:39:22

Hi Inadays, I work in the HE sector, what kind of role is it, student based/PA or corporate service type role (finance/IT/HR)..?

Have you looked through the website to get a feel for breadth of available courses, core values etc..?

Inadays Wed 12-Oct-16 10:34:58

Thank you Mammas. It's a PA role in the Faculty of Academic and Student Affairs. I'm going to have an informal interview too before the formal one. I take it that that's normal? Interview/conversation with colleagues about the job and the department?

Yes, I've been looking at the website and trying to educate myself in the many departments. I'm sure it will be fine but as I've never worked in HE before I'm just wondering what the culture is like? How grilling are the interviews? The job description and application were certainly very specific and the application had to be carefully considered!

In terms of what to wear, I'm thinking quite laid back but smart?

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now