Talk

Advanced search

NHS Nurses/Hca NEED UNIFORM HELP!

(5 Posts)
Bethharden96 Mon 10-Oct-16 18:25:53

So I got my first job as a Hca in a hospital (yay!) and on Wednesday I have hand in forms confirming identification etc.
I also have to order my uniform and I am unsure of what size to pick. I am an 8 to 10 normally. Are the sizes usually about right or too big/too small?

Coldhandscoldheart Tue 11-Oct-16 09:16:04

Congratulations on your new job!
Depends a bit on the trust & style of uniforms. You can usually send them back & reorder if they're wrong. If they are quite fitted I would err to the larger side, if they're scrub style tunic I would order the smaller.

Trousers again depends on style. If they have a drawstring I would order smaller, if they gave a fitted waist, button & zip style I'd get a bit bigger.
But some of it depends on your own shape of course smile

That's a good blurry answer isn't it? grin

FruitCider Tue 11-Oct-16 09:22:40

It depends on who makes them and your height. Mine are by Alexander, I ordered 1 size up, because I'm short so the waist sits too low down!

thequeenofsandwich Tue 11-Oct-16 09:35:32

Difficult one , at the moment I wear size 10 uniform which is actually very roomy . We are moving to a new supplier and the sample that fitted me is a 12. I do like my tunics quite loose though. Some colleagues wear them more figure hugging and are constantly readjusting

Bethharden96 Tue 11-Oct-16 11:30:20

Thanks! yeah i might just almost fill in the form and ask some advice when i get there tomorrow. thing is i can be a bit awkward with sizing. I am pretty slim but my boobs are a bit bigger than a lot of other size 8/10s and my arms are also because of sport so i don't really want to get a uniform that fits and is really tight on my chest area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now