Advanced search

Working and on carers allowance

(3 Posts)
petshopboy Tue 04-Oct-16 21:30:48

Hi i really need advice on carrs allowance i receive £62 per wk for looking after my dad (dementia) mild
I have that topped up with income support £45 pw and housing benefit £ 21 .im getting fed up with my housing benefit changing as my son who lives with me works and i have to pay rent on his behalf the local council are useless and dont calculate it properly and cause so much stress i have to tell them i told them 3 wks ago my son had started his new job and i still havent heard nothing they miscalculated before leaving my son to pay back £3000 im trying to look after my dad but feel like just coming off benefits espacially housing benefits which means i have to pay full rent and would lose income support i dont mind working but would need to be part time less then 20 hours a week i want to continue supporting my dad i would be able to earn £110 pw and still receive carers allowance but would have to pay rent £170 any ideas im just pissed off with housing benefit causing upset all the time

petshopboy Wed 05-Oct-16 17:06:44

Thanks for your help ;(

BushyBushyTinsel Tue 13-Dec-16 22:26:42

Go to your local citizens advice centre. They should be able to assist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now