Talk

Advanced search

Return to Work Conference

(3 Posts)
goodymummyshoes Fri 30-Sep-16 11:10:46

I saw this the other day and it looks perfect for Mum's looking to return to work after being a SAHM. And Jane Garvey is speaking too!

wrpn.womenreturners.com/women-returners-conference-2016/

OP’s posts: |
hutchblue Sat 01-Oct-16 14:15:52

Looks great if you're looking to go back into a corporate kind of environment.

It would be great to see a wider variety of companies support women back to work after having children. Not just accountancy big 4 and a handful of banks. (Although that's a good start and better than nothing).

I was pleased to see O2 on there. Hooray, finally a technology company in the mix!

Also, perhaps I am wrong (I often am smile) but it seems like with these corporate return schemes, they always want you for 4 days a week.

To me that's not really part-time. That's almost full-time and squeezing 5 days into 4....

I'd love to hear other people's opinions on this.

I don't have any fixed opinions smile I am all ears to all thoughts. smile

SherryRB Mon 03-Oct-16 20:27:27

I was talking to one mum recently - she's since set up her own business. She went back to work 'part-time' but as it was a big law firm, effectively she was working 9am to 5pm, 5 days a week, and a 20% paycut because she was part-time.

There do seem to be more technology companies now supporting women in the return back to work; also professional services and a few law firms. The market is slowly moving.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in