Talk

Advanced search

Practicalities are worrying me

(2 Posts)
pennygoodlife Thu 08-Sep-16 10:37:51

I've got the chance of going back to work in a completely different environment to where I last used to work 4/5 yrs ago. It's 'seems' ideal flexible working, p/t and decent money although I haven't had the formal I/v yet) but I'm Worried about dog care (2days - DH will be at home the other( will the dog be ok with a dog walker popping in? and holiday cover for DC and just not being there for the kids etc as I have been able to be for the last few years.

Also will I even remember how to use excel, act business like etc etc god I'm a bag of doubt! Anyone been through similar?

SherryRB Fri 09-Sep-16 13:01:59

I wonder if your doubts about the dog are covering your own self-doubts? Of course you will be able to remember how to use Excel, act business-like. People don't forget stuff like that. You might be a little rusty but it's only 4 or 5 years ago that you did this.

One of the women I coached last year set up a dogwalking business - she does this because she loves dogs. She takes the dog for a proper walk during the day. And I'll just mention that I'm a dogsitter - dogs stay with me while their owners go on holiday. I do this through an agency. We are vetted before we can take dogs (the dogs are vetted too). We are told that it's ok to leave a dog for up to 3 hours a day. So if you have a dogsitter visit at lunchtime, your dog would only be on her own for a bit in the morning and a bit the afternoon.

Good luck with whatever you decide. But most importantly remember that you are still you. You still have all those talents and skills you've always had.

Sherry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now