Talk

Advanced search

Feeling guilty and embarrassed.

(3 Posts)
mamarach26 Wed 17-Aug-16 18:39:35

Hi,
I'm 23 and I have a 21 month old son with my partner who works as a doorman full time. When i was pregnant I had two jobs, one as a care assistant (6m contract) and one working in a vets as a relief manager (I was no longer needed after 4 years) i really enjoy working and feel proud of what I have done. When my little boy was 9 months I got a job in another care home I loved the job but I had too take 3 days off as my little boy wasn't well (partner doesn't get in till 5am so usually in bed till 1-2) I offered to go in later on in the day but management said it would be fine as I wasn't on the rota properly yet anyway! But when I returned I found members of staff saying how useless I was calling me lazy. I tried not to let it bother me... But it did. In the end I ended up leaving and now struggling to find a job with suitable hours sad now I feel guilty leaving and feel like I'm not being a good role model to my son.

So sorry this is so long, had to vent sad((

VioletBam Thu 18-Aug-16 06:18:12

Don't give it a second thought. This period is the HARDEST. When your children are so young, it's really difficult to work if you're not earning loads so you can pay for a nursery.

Will he get a free nursery place at age 3?

That's not too long...you'll have more choice of work then. Could you consider doing something like taking in ironing? Can you drive?

mamarach26 Thu 18-Aug-16 06:22:39

Yeah he already has a place at nursery, down the road! He will be starting in September, only 15 hours though but that's better than nothing smile I got driving lessons off my dad for a present so I'm nearing the end of them now! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now