Talk

Advanced search

3 days or 4?

(2 Posts)
Buffythebabywearer Sun 14-Aug-16 17:06:50

In brief, I have a choice between working 4 days in my current job or 3 days in a new role.

I enjoy my current job but it is high pressured and doesn't lend very well to flexible working.

People speak highly of the potential new workplace and it is known as offering good flexibility / work/life balance but it's obviously an unknown as to whether I would enjoy the work.

Lots of other considerations about money, prestige, career progression, ambition etc but what I'd really like to know is what mners think about working 3 vs 4 days - how much difference does it make to DC, work/life balance, enjoyment of work?

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 15-Aug-16 00:11:55

I work 4 days and have done for 5 years now. It seems to strike the right balance as I'm mostly around so I feel like I'm not missing stuff/ that I'm practically full time. However in my job I don't get loaded with full time work over these hours (I know a few who work 4 days but are still doing a 5 day workload).

I think those who work 3 days are perceived to be "more part- time" and they get more comments when they're not in.

If I could afford it id cut down to 3 days, but I would also feel that I was pausing my career if I did this (may just be my industry though).

I love my day off with dc and do sometimes feel that I'm missing out by being at work 4 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now