Talk

Advanced search

Should I go back

(8 Posts)
MamaClueless Fri 29-Jul-16 05:00:24

I resigned from my job when I was 8 months pregnant, my superiors had then told me that I could come back when I decide to start working again. My daughter is now 2 years old I have been doing freelance works for a year now. Last week I met my then superior at a party and he asked me about coming back. Apparently they are in short of a staff right now and would be glad if i joined. honestly there isn't any complications, just that I got so used to being at home with my baby all the time that now I have become really lazy. DH says that I should go and that I shouldn't ruin my career staying at home all the time.
I know that's the best thing to do but still...

zzzzz Fri 29-Jul-16 05:52:49

I got so used to being at home with my baby all the time that now I have become really lazy.

Looking after a two year old and doing freelance work??? How is it possible to be lazy in this scenario?

BobbiPins Fri 29-Jul-16 06:21:57

go, you can always quit

MamaClueless Wed 03-Aug-16 06:25:42

lazy in the sense lazy to get out of home. I got so used to staying at home day and night.

mortgagefreesoon5 Thu 04-Aug-16 08:04:31

I'd go, can u perhaps work pt? Imo it ll be good for you and your little girl

zzzzz Thu 04-Aug-16 11:18:07

Why have you been staying at home day and night for two yearsshock
Surely you have been out and about? Most stay at home parents get out and about far more than the average office worker. Who will take your child out of the house when you are at work, because surely she needs a change of scene too?confused

SherryRB Fri 05-Aug-16 20:05:45

Perhaps to get motivation, think about the benefits you'll get from going back to work e.g. more income (well hopefully depending on your childcare costs), and what could you do with that additional income. Could you work part-time and continue to freelance part-time too?

FiveFullFathoms Fri 05-Aug-16 20:11:19

I think that if you're lucky enough to have a job offer from somewhere you've enjoyed working before without the ballache of having to go through a recruitment/interview process then you'd be mad not to bite their hand off. It will obviously be a change for you and it takes some adjustment to go back to work after being a SAHM. But you've done it once, you can do it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now