Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What career should I go for - a million to choose from

(4 Posts)
pouncehill Tue 31-May-16 19:01:41

Currently I am a SAHM to my one year old DS.
Before him and for a bit after he was born I worked with horses at stud farms. This was going to be my career. However I realised that working and having my own horses just put my off the idea all together. I quit to become a SAHM.

Now I have the opportunity to go back and do a college course and then uni. However I am totally unsure of what I should do?
English, History and anything creative was my forte back in school.
I could apply myself to maths and science but just found it boring, like it had no real purpose.
I'm really stuck on career ideas and with anything possible I've got a lot to choose from. Throw some suggestions at me because I really can't think!

RosesandRugbyPlease Tue 31-May-16 19:07:52

If you want to work with horses but actually earn decent money then have you considered equine physiotherapy? You will need to do a degree in human physio then a year conversion course but they earn decent amounts are often flexible workers and there's currently a shortage in the uk.

pouncehill Tue 31-May-16 19:57:50

I've thought about that, but working with horses just made me resent doing my own eventually. And I really don't want to ever not enjoy the thing I love doing iyswim!
Plus I would really like to earn a decent wage when I am fully qualified

SherryRB Thu 02-Jun-16 15:44:59

what did you love doing when you were a child? what did you daydream about? what do you do now for friends or family and you 'find easy'? what sorts of skills could you do all day and not get bored?

From what you've said, you're more creative than analytical. Maybe also worth exploring whether you're a detail person or a big picture person. Whether you like being part of a team or working on your own. Ask your friends for feedback - what do you think I'd be good at.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now