Talk

Advanced search

Finding part time work in Yorkshire

(7 Posts)
BettyBleue Tue 03-May-16 23:14:10

Hi, I am a single mum to a 10 month old. I am looking to relocate from down South to be near my sister in East Yorkshire. I have been looking online for part-time work in Admin/Secretarial which is what I have experience in, but there is just nothing. If I can't find a job, I can't move and I am very unhappy here with no family around for support. I'm very lonely. Can anyone advise me on other ways to look for jobs besides online? I was thinking of contacting recruitment agencies in the area and emailing them my CV but besides that I don't know what to do. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Florene Tue 03-May-16 23:16:40

www.themarshessurgery.co.uk/

There is a part time receptionist vacancy about halfway down this Web page if any good to you?

BikeRunSki Tue 03-May-16 23:32:44

Whereabouts in East Yorks? It's s big, rambling and often empty county.

Your best bets are probably around the big towns/cities - Goole, Hull/Willerby/Hessle, Beverly. What about Selby (actually N Yorks, but on boundary), Doncaster (actually S Yorks) or Castleford (actually W Yorks). Is there anything on the East Riding Council website?

BikeRunSki Tue 03-May-16 23:41:27

ERYC jobs

BettyBleue Wed 04-May-16 00:03:45

Thank you all for your help and advice and also the links. BikeRunSki, it is Driffield in East Yorkshire. I'd say within a 15 mile radius.

BikeRunSki Wed 04-May-16 21:23:14

There's a newish Aldi on Driffield - maybe try them.

bookbook Wed 04-May-16 21:31:55

Is there a local facebook site ?- there is a job site on the Pocklington one, might be something on there
www.facebook.com/groups/1454531651433430/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now