Talk

Advanced search

Do you work in HE administration - Education or Teaching?

(5 Posts)
2512BC Sun 24-Apr-16 18:40:08

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help -
I have not worked in Education sector before but would really like to work in Higher Education - I have lots of experience in local government and similar - so feel I have transferable skills.
I have a question to answer which is related to an understanding of issues relating to HE administration. I have googled and looked at Times HE
While I can think of lots affecting HE such as, league tables, global education, e-learning, widening participation, I can't think of how to link this with administration.
Hope someone can help on this.- I have posted this on other threads as well.

Thank you

Mumteedum Sun 24-Apr-16 18:58:16

I'm think it's tricky to help without being more specific. Is it a question from an application?

Mumteedum Sun 24-Apr-16 19:00:03

everydaylife.globalpost.com/key-issues-facing-higher-education-administration-student-affairs-8897.html

Any use as a starting point?

2512BC Sun 24-Apr-16 19:44:23

Yes that helps - thank you very much x

24balloons Sun 24-Apr-16 21:15:19

The article was based on US education, though there are similar issues in the UK but fees for home students are set and cannot be raised therefore most universities are trying to recruit more international students who need different kinds of support.

There are big investments in health and wellbeing in universities these days. A major issue facing HE in England at the moment is the massive cuts about to take place in DSA support and the number of students with mental health problems.

What is the actual question?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now