Any advice would be gratefully received!

(4 Posts)
maxandmoo Mon 11-Apr-16 14:12:02

Attempting to return to work after 10 years....I have 20 years of retail management experience including Oxford Street, which apparently counts for nothing!!! I have also during my time away, opened 3 small businesses, sold two and still deal with all admin and staff for the remaining one. Have recently updated my admin skills to try to transfer my current skill set to something more 9-5.
I wouldn't bother, and would happily just start another little business, but dd has just gained a place at a top private school, and I really need a fixed, guaranteed income. Apparently though, I am unemployable confused!! Any advice? xx

HeyMacWey Mon 11-Apr-16 14:15:01

Who's told you that you're unemployable?

IceMaiden73 Tue 12-Apr-16 06:01:06

What sort of job are you looking for?

What have you done so far to find work?

SherryRB Thu 14-Apr-16 16:32:26

The businesses that you have opened - what field are they in? Do you do the selling? Is it three businesses because you're creative? or is it that you like lots of variety? You've got great skills if you can get a business up and running and take care of the admin and staff. What about starting a big business? One that gives you a fixed income? Or at least a bigger income than what you've been earning? If you have good admin & operations skills, could you work as a virtual assistant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now