Experience of the NCT 'Birth and Beyond Practitioner' course?

(2 Posts)
Blondie87 Thu 07-Apr-16 21:17:22

Hi,
I have a young son and work part time. However, I very tempted to train to do the NCT birth and beyond practitioner course as I've always been passionate about reproductive health. I'm just not sure if it's worth the money and time investment as I value time with my family and with childcare costs money isn't of no concern.
Has anyone done it and if so, how did you find the work/life balance, did you get work from doing the course and finally, was it a fulfilling thing to do? I'm educated to masters level and do love to learn. Thanks in advance.

SherryRB Fri 08-Apr-16 17:38:52

Hi there ... it might be worth going to your local NCT Facebook page and asking on there as often NCT practitioners are very happy to talk about what they do. I trained a few years ago as a breastfeeding counsellor. I don't get much paid work as I typically do just one session in an 8 week course. However I didn't sign up for the money - at the time I had a full-time job in a completely different sector. Lots of the mums I know who have trained do a mixture of daytime, evening and weekend classes. Depending on what format sells best in their area.

As for was the NCT training fulfilling - yes absolutely! I loved the trained. I learned so much about myself, as well as about breastfeeding, facilitation and counselling skills.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now