Talk

Advanced search

A year of mat leave ends today. Help

(4 Posts)
Dappy28 Mon 28-Mar-16 23:41:18

DS 1 is 3 and DD2 is 11 months. I've had a fabulous time off on maternity leave but in 8.5 hours time I'll be back sat at my desk. There have been a lot of changes in the organisation so I am basically going back to a new job. I am doubting myself, my capabilities and generally my self esteem (related to work) is rock bottom, looking back i have always had mild low self esteem but now its really evident. I went to a meeting at work a few weeks ago and barely spoke as i anticipated that nobody would want to hear my thoughts. Do you think its a matter of just go back and ill settle in or is there something else i can do?

Fluzzieinajacuzzi Mon 28-Mar-16 23:49:21

I was petrified going back to work, I genuinely wanted reorientated but my boss laughed it off. Anyway, you'll surprise yourself how much you know, it's all still in there just needs teased out again. Take it slowly and if you need help you'll need to ask for it.

MooPointCowsOpinion Mon 28-Mar-16 23:51:55

I went back in November and I was terrified too. I took KIT days and knew what I was going back to and I was still scared.

Give it time. A year out and a lobotomy new baby makes it harder to remember, but you are probably good at your job and you will most likely pick it all back up quickly. Enjoy your lunch break with two hands and going to the loo when you want.

cheminotte Mon 28-Mar-16 23:55:08

It really is amazing how quickly it comes flooding back. Try and plan a coffee with some of your work friends too look forward to. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now