Talk

Advanced search

Part time work is fantastic!

(5 Posts)
Blondie87 Sun 20-Mar-16 20:57:49

This isn't a boast post just a dawning realisation..... I have one DC who is 10 months old and I've just gone back three days a week and I'm the happiest I've been for ages. I'm getting the intellectual stimulation and adult company I need and feel like I'm actually doing my job well. I also get four days a week on mummy duty.
I guess I'm posting this because I was dreading returning to work and leaving my LO and I want to reassure those in a similar boat it can be OK. I know I'm fortunate that I can (JUST) afford it and work have been very accommodating and not everyone has this option.

OP’s posts: |
docpeppa Thu 07-Apr-16 11:38:32

I am in this position, with baby and toddler. I haven't gone back yet, I am still debating whether to or not. Glad you are enjoying your time back, adult conversation is so nice!

JenniferYellowHat1980 Thu 07-Apr-16 18:23:24

I worked PT for as long as I felt I could financially. FT since then has been a disaster for various reasons, and I have my sights on a 3 days a week post and to hell with the money. PT is great and I think more people, men and women, parents and non-parents, should consider it.

HarlotBronte Sat 09-Apr-16 18:22:40

I love it too!

IntelligentPutty Sat 09-Apr-16 21:48:30

I ended up working part /full time.
It's amazing. Work 6:30 to 5:30 (10 hour days)
4 days a week.

3 days with dd. Inc 2 with dh.
Full time salary
And 4 days of nursery costs.
Hate those early mornings tho!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in