Talk

Advanced search

What is it like to work in a care home

(2 Posts)
bunny7 Tue 23-Feb-16 12:58:58

Hi, iv'e got an interview this week at a Bupa care home, and was just wandering after reading horror stories on mumsnet about working in a care home, if it's right for me? I've never worked in one before and have only just recently got back into employment after having children. I have a severely mentally disabled 25 yr old son, which I do a lot for, but it was what I was reading about the way the staff treat other staff that wasn't nice. Does anyone know anything about Bupa and their reputation? I only want to do part time at the moment. Are their any positive stories out there? Thanks ladies.

MattDillonsPants Wed 24-Feb-16 02:42:54

I think you will find that a BUPA care home is very nice. My friend worked in a care home for a while and she loved it...not a BUPA one but she grew very find of her residents and formed some real friendships there. Good luck and go in with a mind clear of horror stories....we've all heard them but I doubt a BUPA home will be like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now