Advanced search

Study funding in Scotland for women returning to work/into Social Work

(2 Posts)
celeryfans Mon 08-Feb-16 12:30:32

Hi. I want to apply to study HNC in Social Care starting in August. SAAS have advised that, because I already have a degree (albeit from early 90's), they won't fund the course fees (£1285). While this is not insurmountable, I would appreciate getting some help with this, and wondered if anyone knew of any funds that help women who want to study to return to work, or funds to encourage people into social work? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
hostinthemaking Thu 18-Feb-16 23:21:09

Hi you could apply for a career development loan. Alternatively the college may have discretionary grants.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in