Talk

Advanced search

tips for working full time with a toddler?

(3 Posts)
Chamonix1 Mon 01-Feb-16 07:56:47

I go back to work full time tomorrow, I'm excited but nervous about juggling dd and dh (who isn't driving due to ill health and working from home!)
Dd is almost 3, so goes to play school 2 mornings, but I'm going to be working a rolling rota so getting her there and back will be dh's responsibility most of the time.
Just wondering what tips working mums have for making it a little less chaotic.
Thanks in advance

Ilovenannyplum Mon 01-Feb-16 08:15:06

Plan for the morning the night ahead. Get bags packed, clothes laid out so its all ready to grab in the morning.
I work 3 days per week with a 17 month old, We have to be up, dressed and out the door by 7.30 to get to nursery on time which is fun confused
Forward planning is your friend!

Chamonix1 Mon 01-Feb-16 08:44:55

Oh my 7.30. I struggle getting dd into nursery for 8, usually ends up 8.20 and that was before I had work. At least I have the luxury of not having to drop dd off when I'm working, although I'll be at work for 7am on a morning shift.
In my head it seems easy to forward plan, we'll see how good I am at putting it into practice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now