Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Issue with Working Tax Credits

(1 Post)
HackerFucker22 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:05:18

Going back part time so will be dropping almost 50% of my income (DP is a SAHP and going back to study)

I have contacted WTC people and they did a quick assessment over the phone and told me I wont be entitled to much as everything was calculated using my p60 for period April 2014 - April 2015 [which is basically a FT salary] yet I have been off on ML since January 2015 so whilst my earnings on p60 are £30K + In the past 12 months I have actually just had SMP, a small bonus and holiday pay (less than £15K)

The woman I spoke to basically said I need to contact them again in April when I get my next p60 and they will readjust the claim. Which leaves a deficit between now and April.

We got some help with HB whilst I was on SMP but obviously now I am back at work this will stop.

Out outgoings are going to be more than I earn for the next few months?

One of the online calculators I used allowed me to use the option "if you know your earnings will be significantly lower in 2015/2016 period" whereas the actual HMRC form doesn't allow for this?

So we're basically fucked.

Is there anything I can do? I have advised council I go back to work so HB has been stopped.

Having a complete panic here.

TIA

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: