Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Leave and the Retention of Women

(1 Post)
Montpelier11 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:59:14

Hello, I am conducting a survey as part of my MBA dissertation, and would be grateful if you could complete the survey for me. Please find the link below...

In order to participate:

Copy-paste the entire following link between quote marks (NOT including the quote marks) in a web browser
" www.sogosurvey.com/k/SsTWWRYsRsPsPsP "

PARTICIPANT INFORMATION SHEET

Maternity Leave and the Retention of Women

You are being invited to take part in a research project that aims to understand why women return or fail to return to work following maternity leave. Before you decide on whether to take part, it is important for you to understand why the research is being done and what it will involve.
Please take time to read the following information carefully, discuss it with others if you wish, and decide whether or not you wish to take part.

I am a student on the Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme at the University of Leicester. I am undertaking this research for my dissertation to fulfil the requirements of the MBA degree. The project has been approved through the University of Leicester Research Ethics Approval process.

Purpose:
I am researching the reasons behind women returning to work after maternity leave, and collecting data on the feelings and expectations of women who will potentially be requiring maternity leave in the future. Maternity policies will be investigated and compared to see how much of an influence they have in women deciding on accepting employment in a certain company and the influence on retention. The aim is to find out whether there are specific reasons for retention of working mothers and whether these can be improved with enhanced packages.

Participants:
You have been selected due to the fact that you may have been on maternity leave in the past, or may require maternity leave in the future.

Participation:
It is up to you whether you decide to take part or not. If you do not wish to take part, you do not have to give a reason.

Participants’ rights:
If you decide to take part, you have the right to stop being a part of the research study at any time without explanation. You have the right to ask that any data you have supplied to that point be withdrawn/destroyed.

You have the right to omit or refuse to answer or respond to any question that is asked of you.

You have the right to have your questions about the procedures answered (unless answering these questions would interfere with the study’s outcome). If you have any questions as a result of reading this information sheet, you should ask the researcher before proceeding with the questionnaire.

The study:
In this study you will be asked to answer open and closed questions.

Duration:
The questionnaire lasts 15 minutes.

Consequences of taking part:
There are no known disadvantages or risks of taking part.

Benefits of taking part:
Whilst there are no immediate benefits for those people participating in the project, it is hoped that this work will underline the importance of a cohesive maternity package and highlight the key areas which impact retention.

Confidentiality:
All the information that I collect about you during the course of the research will be kept strictly confidential. You will not be able to be identified in any reports or publications.

Anonymity:
No one will link the data you provided to the identifying information you supplied

Contact for further information:
ELM18@le.ac.uk

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now