Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to write a CV? Where to get references?

(5 Posts)
FiveHoursSleep Tue 15-Sep-15 20:37:32

I have worked for myself part time since DD2 was born; she's now 12. But I've recently seen a job advertised that might supplement my work and I need a CV. MY old one is hopelessly out of date and looks very dated
Can anyone recommend a site that can tell me the best way to create a new one for someone who hasn't had an employer for the last 12 years.
Also what do I do about references?
Can I use clients?

FiveHoursSleep Wed 16-Sep-15 10:20:12

Sorry, I won't ask again after this, but has anyone got any advice about how to set up CV properly after a period of self employment or being unemployed?

lostinabook Sat 19-Sep-15 23:34:47

I used the resume template on Google docs turned out OK!

Maranello4 Sat 26-Sep-15 20:22:14

Hi there I'd suggest having a look at the following (don't just google it as there's a lot of bad advice out there) - www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/blog/2014/may/career-break-cv-template and templates available here - www.prospects.ac.uk/how_to_write_a_cv.htm I'd suggest that your CV is no more than 2 pages. Good luck & let me know if you need anything else x

Roger007 Sat 24-Oct-15 15:52:26

How did you get on? If you're sorted, then very good luck to you. If not, happy to review your new CV and feed back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now